Barn Raising Breakfast
Our hearty Amish Barn Raising Breakfast recipe is guaranteed to give you lots of energy to start the day. This homey, country-style breakfast bake might traditionally be made in a coal or wood burning stove, but it’ll bake up just fine in our own ovens, easily.
Cooking Time: 40 min
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
- Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture on dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper; pour over red pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then